AP has reached out directly to students and teachers have also been communicating with students about changes to this spring’s AP testing. These are the highlights of the changes.
Your student should have received something from AP directly about the changes to testing this year. I am sending you the links I have received about changes below.
These are the highlights of the information from AP:
- For the 2019–20 exam administration only, students can take a 45-minute online free-response exam at home. Educator-led development committees are currently selecting the exam questions that will be administered.
- Colleges support this solution and are committed to ensuring that AP students receive the credit they have worked this year to earn. For decades, colleges have accepted a shortened AP Exam for college credit when groups of students have experienced emergencies.
- Students will be able to take these streamlined exams on any device they have access to—computer, tablet, or smartphone. Taking a photo of handwritten work will also be an option.
- The test will focus on the first 75% of the curriculum. AP will be providing online lessons and support to teachers and students starting today. That information should have been sent directly to students but the link is also below.
- The dates for the testing will be determined on April 3rd.
The teachers at Winnacunnet are aware of these changes and will continue to deliver the curriculum with these added resources.