Curriculum at WHS
Winnacunnet delivers academic expectations through a wide range of academic courses and electives to support 21st-century learning expectations, including:
- Over 400 independent courses that include 155 electives in 13 different departments.
- Extended Learning Opportunities that include advanced study, internships, project based learning, service aids, career exploration and independent study.
- Distance learning opportunities for WHS students through the Virtual Learning Academy.
- College & Career pathways through Running Start, Dual Enrollment, the Seacoast School of Technology and the WHS Evening Program.
- Embedded Professional Development, which utilizes teachers as coaches to share and improve teaching & learning at the classroom level.
This page and the resources contained within are intended to help students, staff and parents understand and navigate the curricular options available at WHS.
Recognitions & Awards
Throughout the last three years, Winnacunnet has been fortunate enough to be recognized on local, statewide and national levels. Many of the awards listed below reflect the service and character of WHS students. For example, throughout the 2017-2018 school year, Winnacunnet had over 400 students provide 22,625 hours of service to the seacoast region.