Community Use of School Facilities
Please complete these three items:
- Read the message below.
- You are invited to visit our facilities use community calendar at the following link: Community Use Calendar
- Read the related policy
Linked you will find the Winnacunnet School District Policy KF that explains how “residents of the communities within the school district” may request the use of our facilities. In addition, you will find the Regulation KF-R that prescribes specific instructions for the person or organization making the request. You will notice that all requests must be made 14 days prior to the date of use.
Please note that School Board Policy Statements states that Winnacunnet High School has first priority for events scheduled by July 1 to give SAU 21 schools the month of August to register their requests. After September 1, outside groups may request the use of our facilities, and the Principal only has the authority to approve requests that are “for continuing education, discussion, civic, social, recreation, entertainment, and such other purposes that promote the welfare of the community.”
The expectations for use and conduct are also outlined in the regulation. The Facilities Director shall assign a fee charge based on the fee structure on page 3 of the regulation. All non-SAU 21 users must provide the Facilities Director with proof of liability insurance endorsed to the name of Winnacunnet High School for the amount of $1,000,000. The certificate must be on file in the Facilities Director’s office.
How to Rent a Winnacunnet School District Facility (Step – By – Step Instructions)
Winnacunnet High School has created a new web site designed to help make renting / scheduling facilities easier for both employees and the general public.
To rent a WHS facility, go to the Community Use Calendar, which displays events that already have been scheduled. The calendar allows you to view events by location and / or date.
Note: The calendar may not include all school events and activities; some facilities that appear to be available may already be booked.
Scheduling for WHS employees
Scheduling of facilities by WHS employees is done through the district’s intranet site. The site is protected by a firewall and can only be accessed by WHS employees using their employee login and password.
Before you can reserve a facility, you must register your organization.
- Go to Community Use Calendar.
- In the upper right corner, click on “Log in to Request Facilities Use.”
- Click on “Create and Account.”
- Fill out contact information including name, e-mail address, phone number, address and password. All passwords must contain at least six characters and can be made up of any combination of letter, numbers, ad/or symbols. Passwords are not required to include any capital letters and are not case sensitive.
- Click “Save & Next”
- Submit Request
Requests will go to the Winnacunnet High School Facilities Department for approval. You will receive an e-mail confirmation once your request has been approved. Your request will not be approved until you have supplied the Facilities Department with a current Certificate of Insurance. KFR #14 “Renters are required to provide their own liability insurance and to present a certificate in the amount of $1,000,000 endorsed to name Winnacunnet School District as additionally insured.” This must be received by the Facilities Department prior to an organization being approved as a requester.
How to submit a Rental Request
Once your organization has been approved, you may submit a rental request. These requests must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.
- Go to Community Use Calendar.
- In the upper right corner, click on “Log in to Request Facility Use.”
- Log in using the e-mail address and password submitted as part of your registration.
- To check availability of the facility, use filter buttons to choose location and date(s).
- Click the Request Facility Use tab at the top of the page. You have 2 choices.
- The Normal Schedule allows you to request from 1 to up to 20 events. All events should be in the same room(s) at the same time over different days.
- The recurring schedule allows you to request from 1 to up to 100 events in the same room(s) at the same time over different days. These events are scheduled on a recurring basis (i.e. every Monday and Wednesday for a month or every Sunday for a year, etc.)
- Fill out the form which asks for the event title, description, school or Winnacunnet Facility, room or building, date(s), and start and end times.
- Click “Check for Availability”
- If available, click “Close”
- Request maintenance service including audio visual, custodial, event break down, event set up, food service, technology and security.
- Provide event information including number of adults and children attending, extra chairs required and approximate number of parking spaces required.
- List any additional needs.
- Sign by entering your e-mail address.
- Submit your request.
You should receive an email confirming your request was received along with a schedule ID number, followed by an e-mail confirming or denying your request.