The fundamental belief of the WHS Art Department is that the visual arts develop basic skills and provide an opportunity to create. We are committed to fostering individual creative thinking in a safe environment that encourages risk-taking. Our goal is to instill a student awareness of how the visual arts enrich our lives.
- Employ skills in the creating of visual art
- Have the opportunity to engage in self-expression
- Experience a nurturing environment that promotes a sense of community
- Engage in creative problem solving from basic to complex
- Be afforded the opportunity to develop individual identity
- Understand the impact that art has on society
- Understand the skills necessary to make art