WHS 1:1 Program
In the fall of the 2015-16, WHS began purchasing Chromebook laptops for every member of the incoming freshman class. Like a textbook, these devices are loaned to students at the beginning of the school year and collected each summer, but remain in the possession of students throughout the school year. For every subsequent year, the school has continued to purchase a technology device for every incoming freshman. According to this schedule, WHS will be fully 1:1 (1 device deployed to every student) by 2018-19.
Our Chromebook program provides dependable and equitable access to the best resources and tools for every student, regardless of their economic background.
In addition, students will:
- Learn beyond the classroom.
- Access educational applications and programs to efficiently produce sophisticated work.
- Drive their own learning, pursue their passions, and become lifelong learners.
- Collaborate with teachers to complete and revise assignments in real time.
- Identify and use appropriate digital tools to solve complex problems.
Parents/ Guardians of Winnacunnet students play an important role in this program. Please help us by reviewing the responsibilities and expectations of this program with your child.