Process for Adopting a New App/Tool
Only Apps that are appropriate to meet the instructional goals, are well designed and meet the legal requirements to protect student privacy and data will be approved. Winnacunnet High School has adopted a set of Standards when evaluating new App. Before submitting a request for approval of a new App, staff should consider the following:
- Does the App/Online Tool comply with the district policy?
- Has the District already vetted and approved a similar App? If so, staff should use the already approved tool.
- What’s the impact that this new App will have on instruction and student learning? Does it work across content areas? Is it engaging? Does it have strong relevance to the curriculum and instructional goals?
- Has the App been fully tested? It’s important for the teacher to fully understand the student experience when using the tool to ensure that it works and is appropriate for the age group. Teachers should be aware of any personal information that might be requested if a student account is required to login.
- Staff should speak with the Technology Integrator before using ANY new App with students and seek their assistance with the evaluation/vetting process. This includes any online tool that a student interacts with where they may be creating content and/or any site that requires any student login.
Once all the above has been considered, a request for approval of a new App can be submitted.
You will receive an email response to your request upon completion of the vetting process.