Student Quick-tip Protocol – SAU 21
Quick Tip is designed to help students report unsafe behavior to adults when the student is uncomfortable coming forward in person with information. We strongly encourage students to find an adult in the building with whom they feel comfortable to talk to if they are concerned about something happening in school.
Quick Tip Reporting Guidelines
- If this is an emergency situation call 911:
- Potential for harm to self or others
- Concerns for weapons
- Administration will check Quick Tips throughout the day.
- Issues that require more immediate attention should be reported directly to a staff member.
- Reporting is anonymous, unless you would like the school to contact you regarding this incident.
- Answer questions with as much detail as possible.
- False reporting is strictly prohibited! All information received by the school may be passed on to law enforcement. False Reports to Law Enforcement are punishable under NH RSA 641:4.
Categories of Reporting
- Drugs / Alcohol
- Sexual Harassment
- Suicide Threat
Administrative Procedures for Handling Quick Tips
- Information that is received via Quick Tips will be reviewed by at least 2 administrators to determine a course of action. Some tips may require involvement of other professionals to review but will be kept confidential.
- Quick Tips that warrant it will be investigated appropriately by school administration.
- The Quick Tip itself won’t be used in a disciplinary manner. Any information gained through an investigation of a tip may warrant disciplinary action and will follow appropriate school policies and rules.
- Quick Tips received will be saved electronically for (length of time) but will not be used to discipline or evaluate.
- Quick Tips are anonymous and may not be used in the teacher evaluation process.